If you’ve been following the news from Google today, you probably know that you can now stream Spotify right to your Chromecast. To do this, all you need is the Spotify app and a Chromecast or Chromecast Audio device hooked up to your TV or speakers.
Although both types of devices allow streaming, there is one important difference: You’ll need to be a premium subscriber to play music through your Chromecast Audio.
Here’s how you can get Spotify to stream on your new Chromecast and Chromecast Audio:
- Make sure that your phone, tablet, or computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your device
- Within Spotify, select a track that you want to listen to
- At the bottom of the screen, select “Devices Available”
- Tap on the Chromecast device listed
- Now you’re listening to the track right from your TV or speaker
Anyone who has the Spotify app and is connected to your Wi-Fi is able to control what’s played on your television, just like when streaming to other devices, like a Sonos.
Keep in mind that only the new Chromecast devices will be able to do this; if you have one of the first-generation dongles, you’ll have to wait at least a few weeks until it receives a firmware update.
Powered by VBProfiles